Sunday, August 12, 2007

Thriller



[Submitted for your viewing, an astoundingly complex artifact from the astoundingly complex and fascinating time in which we are living. While I am rarely tempted to avert my eyes while observing culture, this one tested my mettle. I do note that at least 4,700,000 viewers worldwide preceded me. My thanks to ETN in New York for the tip.

For context is a link to the 1983 original, written by John Landis and Michael Jackson, directed by John Landis.

While searching for some additional context, I turned up another Hollywood staging of this dance number, this time in the 2004 romantic comedy 13 Going on 30 featuring Alias' Jennifer Garner portraying a young teen caught in the body of a grown-up.

And as it turns out, this is something of a genre. For your consideration, a "Wedding Thriller."

YouTube Caption: "1,500 plus CPDRC inmates of the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center, Cebu, Philippines at practice! This is not the final routine, and definitely not a punishment! just a teaser."

Note that the action picks up 2:10 of the video.

And as always, comments welcome.]

No comments: